Family and the Law Section
The Family and the Law Section oversees three of KCMBA’s most active committees, the Domestic Law Committee, the Juvenile Law Committee, and the Probate and Estate Planning Committee. Each of these committees meets frequently to address issues and developments in its respective practice area and in the family law practice area as a whole. The Section routinely develops and supports continuing education seminars and networking events to help lawyers and those involved in the area of family law gain a deeper understanding of relevant issues and expand their personal and professional networks. As stated in its Bylaws, the goals of the section are to:
- Enhance the relationships among attorneys who practice family law or related matters in the state and federal courts of Missouri and Kansas, judges in those courts and others who have an interest in family law;
- Promote the professional development, welfare, interests, and education of the members of the Section;
- Promote the sound administration of justice;
- Provide meaningful services and education programs for the benefit of the members of the Section and the state and federal courts of Missouri and Kansas;
- Encourage involvement of the members in activities of the state and federal courts of Missouri and Kansas;
- Provide members opportunities to assume leadership roles in the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association;
- Provide other activities and services consistent with the purposes of this Section.
President - Tiffany A. McFarland, email@example.com
President-Elect - Lisa A. Hansen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Immediate Past President - Jennifer Oswald Brown, email@example.com
Secretary/Treasurer - Samantha L. Shepherd, firstname.lastname@example.org
Domestic Member-at-Large - Stacey K. Wullschleger, email@example.com
Juvenile Member-at-Large - Darren E. Korte, firstname.lastname@example.org
Probate Member-at-Large - Maureen D. Lester, email@example.com
Family and the Law Section - Committees:
Click on the links below for more information about each committee, including descriptions, leadership, and contact information.
Probate and Estate Planning
To join one or more of these committees, please complete this form and return it to KCMBA via mail or fax.
For more information about this section, contact Kim Elrod at (816) 474-4322.